Sunday, September 30, 2012

WebEx Social 3.0

Trying to setup WebEx Social 3.0 in my lab, and find it not as straight forward as I thought.  Some points to share:

1. First of all, there are 11 roles of WebEx Social VM and a minimum 12 VMs are required.  Make sure you have enough resource.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/ecp/admin/3_0/guide/ecpsetup.html

2.  Make sure you install the Director FIRST.  Then RDBMS SECOND.  Make sure the App Server (the web server actually) install and add to the Director LAST.  This is very very important.  I forced to redo my work the first time I install because I didn't install the App Server last.

3.  According to the guide in the above link, the default admin user for WebEx Social Web Login is

Username:  test@cisco.com
Password:  test

But this is WRONG!

The correct one should be,

Username:  test@your_company.com
Password:  test

Don't substitute "your_company.com" with your company name, this is the exact text you need to input.

4.  For Search Store you need at least 2 VM, one for master and one for slave

5.  For RDBMS you can only have 1 VM, single point of failure?

Anyway still playing around, will update when I find something interesting.



No comments: