Friday, January 7, 2011

How to run Cisco Mobile 8.1 over SSLVPN over 3G

My environment: AnyConnect 2.4.4009 on iPhone, Cisco Mobile 8.1 on iPhone, ASA Software 8.2.3

During my test I have learnt a few tricks that want to share with you guys who want to test / play / deploy it.

1. Setup the TCT device on UCM base on the admin guide here.

2. When you setup the Cisco Mobile, no matter 8.0 or 8.1, when you configure the directory settings, you need to enter port 389 although the field is optional and you are running on default LDAP port.  Otherwise the apps will close by itself!!

3. I have encountered weird problem that my Cisco Mobile registered to UCM, but it can’t make or receive any calls.  The call is either fail to setup, without ring back tone or second call fail.  To solve it, check if you have turned on SIP inspection on ASA.  To turn it off:

policy-map global_policy
class inspection_default
no inspect sip

Good Luck!

No comments: